First opened for public in 1893.
Originates from local glassmaking workers's efforts to preserve some of the exhibits of local industry in a place of its origin.
As early as 1925 annual visitors number reached 6000.
Permanent exhibition shows the development of glassmaking from 17.th century, particularly paintings and engravings, including the exhibits of old workshops and models of glassworks.
Current temporary exhibition: